[Web4lib] Create a customizable homepage/site?

KWolf114 at aol.com KWolf114 at aol.com
Sat Apr 21 03:32:07 EDT 2007

Dear Caitlan,
I tried sending this  message yesterday but I don't believe the listserv
received it.  If you use html  for web site development, then you can try a fairly
new product that is out  there that might provide you with the type of
customization you need.  A 60-day free trial of Expression Web,  supposedly a
replacement for Microsoft Frontpage, is available at:
_http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/en/expression-web/features.mspx_
(http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/en/expression-web/features.mspx) .
Expression Web is a CSS-based web site that supports html which is what  you
use now.  If someone has XML  experience that would be good but you need to
check whether that is  imperative.
Many people are  trying to use WordPress, a blogging tool, as a CMS.
WordPress is good because it explains  exactly how to design pages.  It  also
discusses advanced design and customization possibilities:
_http://codex.wordpress.org/Blog_Design_and_Layout_ (http://codex.wordpress.org/Blog_Design_and_Layout)
I hope this  helps.

Karen  Wolf