[Web4lib] OPAC survey - initial findings

David Pattern d.c.pattern at hud.ac.uk
Mon Apr 16 06:08:39 EDT 2007

Hi all!

Many thanks to everyone who responded to the recent OPAC survey -- in
total there were 729 responses.

I'll be publishing an informal PDF report sometime around the end of
May, but I've already stated adding data, graphs and initial findings to
my weblog.  I'd love to know if there are any surprises in the findings,
or if you think it's just telling you what you already know!

    http://www.daveyp.com/blog/index.php/archives/205/
    http://www.daveyp.com/blog/index.php/archives/206/
    http://www.daveyp.com/blog/index.php/archives/207/
    http://www.daveyp.com/blog/index.php/archives/208/
    http://www.daveyp.com/blog/index.php/archives/209/
    http://www.daveyp.com/blog/index.php/archives/210/

The comments from respondents (which will be included in the PDF report)
ran the whole spectrum of opinion -- from those who thought the OPAC is
already a defunct technology, to those who obviously feel that their
OPAC should be nothing more than an electronic version of a card
catalog.

regards
Dave Pattern
University of Huddersfield

p.s. apologies for cross-posting this to several lists