[Web4lib] JOB: DIGITAL LIBRARY INITIATIVES MANAGER

Elizabeth mckenty library.lisle at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 03:56:00 EDT 2007

My H key on my MacBook sticks. Good thing I can use spell check. I will
gchat with my gbrother and he will tell me what to kindly and rightly do
because neither of us is under 24 any more, Mom.

PS My mother weres shows, did not teach me to use spellcheck, and ain't
raised no stupid insomniacs named bil. He's a light sleeper.

Thank you veddy veddy much, ladies and germs.

On 4/11/07, Roy Tennant <roy.tennant at ucop.edu> wrote:

> Posted on behalf of Steven Bell <bells at temple.edu>.
> Roy

> DIGITAL LIBRARY INITIATIVES MANAGER
>
> The Temple University Libraries invite applications and nominations for
> the
> newly-created position of Digital Library Initiatives Manager.
>
> Reporting to the Senior Associate University Librarian, the DLI Manager
> will
> work closely and collaboratively with the Vice Provost for Libraries,
> special collections, technical services, computing staff, and others to
> ensure that Temple¹s digital library initiatives are an integral part of
> the
> Libraries¹ collections and services.
>
> The DLI Manager will plan, coordinate prioritization, manage production,
> and
> promote digital library initiatives.  These include the digitization of
> special collections and other library materials, the development of
> digital
> repository systems to preserve and make accessible the intellectual output
> of Temple University, and the implementation of discovery tools related to
> these initiatives.  In particular, the DLI Manager will € supervise 2
> full-time digital technologists, as well as student assistants and
> grant-related staff; € devise and revise operating procedures and
> workflows;
> € investigate and manage relevant standards usage and compliance,
> including
> use of standards-based metadata; € investigate, plan, and manage format
> conversions and migrations; € plan, implement, and monitor external
> contracts providing digitization, cataloging, hosting, or other related
> services to Temple; € train staff and others in processes and procedures
> leading to high levels of productivity and quality; € seek grant funding
> for
> digital initiatives; € maintain awareness and develop in-depth knowledge
> of
> new technology, relevant national standards and best practices, assessing
> and integrating these into library practices for best results as
> appropriate; and € may participate in the creation of online exhibitions
> and
> presentations.
>
> Qualifications:
> Required:  Master¹s degree in Computer or
> Library/Information Science/Systems management, Public
> History, or closely allied discipline.  Five years
> experience with the concepts and software/hardware
> applications used in organizing and presenting digital
> information.  Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, and
> implement effective programs, complex projects, and
> services.  Excellent organizational skills and a
> demonstrated ability to handle complex analytical and
> detailed work.  Excellent oral and written communication
> skills and an ability to effectively interact with audiences
> [...]

Lisle (rhymes with weasel) McKenty
"...me figuraba el Paraíso bajo la especie de una biblioteca" --Jorge Borges