[Web4lib] News about an ubuntu deployment at Howard County Library, MD

Amy De Groff degroffa at hclibrary.org
Tue Sep 26 15:34:37 EDT 2006

Nope, I don't pay more for consulting fees.  Our needs are very
straightforward  --  and the vendor OpenSenseSolutions provides support
at a reasonable rate.

We seek open source solutions because we find they use less memory and
that the hardware requirements are not demanding -- as a result, I plan
to turn over my machines every 5-7 years rather than more frequently as
other organizations may choose to do so.

Amy

Amy Begg De Groff
Library Technology Services Department Head
Howard County Library
www.hclibrary.org

voice: 410-313-7985
cell: 443-474-0741
fax: 410-313-7864
e-mail: degroffa at hclibrary.org
IM: abdegroff

Ranked number one in the nation among the great public library systems
by Hennen's American Public Library Ratings (HAPLR) 2005

Howard County Library is committed to using open source solutions whenever possible.