[Web4lib] Using multiple style sheets

Robert Sullivan robert.g.sullivan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 15:33:28 EDT 2006

I've used the @import method to add additional CSS settings to some of
my pages.  For one of my recent projects, I tried using a second link:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/css/basic.css" type="text/css" title="Default" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/css/vr.css" type="text/css" title="Vital
Records" />

which didn't offend the W3C validators, so it wasn't until I was
testing using the Windows versions of Firefox and Opera plus Safari
that I noticed that while IE6 supports this, they ignored the second
stylesheet completely.  This isn't fatal, but I would like to know if
there is a better way of handling this.

A sample page is at:

<http://www.schenectadyhistory.org/vitalrecords/deaths/00026.html>

Thanks!