[Web4lib] Website Redesign Advice

Jason Griffey Jason-Griffey at utc.edu
Wed Sep 20 10:13:28 EDT 2006

Well, I'm the newly-appointed webmaster (hate the term, but nothing
better to use right now) for our library, and the first thing I did was
insist we move to a CMS.

After doing a review of a half-dozen or so, installing 2 (Drupal and
Joomla), and testing, we decided to go with Joomla. Free, well
supported, PHP/MySQL, and meets our needs nicely. I've heard wonderful
things about Plone as well, but don't have the direct experience with it
that I do with Joomla. It does take some getting used to from the backed
perspective, but our key concern was being able to present information
in clear ways and still be able to diversify maintenance...and Joomla
gives us that ability, and more. We're in testing now for the design,
and plan to launch sometime next month.

Jason

Jason Griffey
Assistant Professor
Reference & Instructional Technology Librarian
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
615 McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga, TN  37403
jason-griffey at utc.edu :: (423) 425-5449

This correspondence should be considered a public record and subject to
public inspection pursuant to the Tennessee Public Records Act