[Web4lib] Netflix at the library?

Keith D. Engwall kengwall at catawba.edu
Mon Sep 18 11:36:04 EDT 2006

Somewhere, I recall someone mentioning something about getting a netflix
account for their library.  I think it may have come up at the
Technology Summit in Charlotte a month or two ago.  It looks like
Niagara University is doing this
(http://www.niagara.edu/library/illdvds.html).

Is anyone else doing this kind of thing?  Has it been a success?  What
issues have you run into (I don't see anything in the Netflix Terms of
Use that forbids this, but I can see them potentially taking issue with
it)?

Thanks,

Keith

Keith Engwall
Head of Library Systems and Technology
Catawba College
Salisbury, NC
kengwall at catawba.edu

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public
relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard P. Feynman