[Web4lib] Google Debuts 200 Year News Archive Search

Schlosser, Melanie Brynn mschloss at indiana.edu
Wed Sep 6 15:17:33 EDT 2006

I found the same thing.  I was excited to be able to search on
historical events and read about them as they were perceived at the
time. When I did a search, however, (on the Johnstown flood - don't ask
me why, it just came to mind) I found that the only freely available
articles were ones published in the last few years. Since no one writes
about the flood much anymore, I didn't end up with any relevant hits. I
still think it's a great feature if you're seriously researching
something and are willing to pay for articles. As far as casual
browsing goes, however, it's a little disappointing.

Melanie Schlosser
Indiana University