[Web4lib] random link replacements

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Wed Sep 6 08:54:27 EDT 2006

Courtney Stephens wrote:
> We use Dreamweaver, but no CMS.  AFIK, there are only 3 people who are
> allowed to edit - me, the reference librarian (who pointed out the problem)
> and the tech guy.   Possibly, there is one other librarian allowed to edit
> (the head of TS), but she doesn't generally do anything to the website.
> She's more concerned with the OPAC.

> The problem is localized to one folder, and replaces only one phrase -
> teach.belmont.edu:2048? - with www.apple.com.  It replaces things at
> random,
> and just because they are wrong on one page does not mean they have been
> changed on another.  I have never seen anything like this happen before.

Off the top of my head, maybe it's a problem with how the 'Site' is
configured in Dreamweaver.  Also, sometimes Dreamweaver saves links in
an unusual way if it doesn't know where in the hierarchy the current
page is -- though typically this is a problem only for new pages that
haven't been saved yet.

LEO

Leo Robert Klein
www.leoklein.com