[Web4lib] Valid substitute for body onLoad()

Tom Keays tomkeays at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 22:05:17 EST 2006

I have the ideal test machine: an ancient and anemic Macintosh PowerBook with 128M of RAM running Mac OS X 10.2. This means that the installed versions of the Safari and Internet Explorer browsers are trapped in a time bubble: they pretty much hate anything modern and CSS-only versions of dropdowns almost always bomb. I keep getting my hopes up that I eventually will find a pure CSS menu that will work.

http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/navigation/auto_hide/index.htm

This is a pretty nice drop down menu system. It  works on Safari and IE because it is largely driven by Javascript.

http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/dropdowns/

Nope. The drop-downs are rendered in the wrong place on the page in Safari and don't work at all under IE.

http://www.grc.com/menu2/invitro.htm

Nope again. Same deal as the previous example.

--
Tom