[Web4lib] Valid substitute for body onLoad()

Robert Sullivan robert.g.sullivan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 15:18:58 EST 2006

I have found an almost-pure CSS method method for drop down menus
which works across browsers and validates, except that it uses a small
piece of Javascript which is called by <body onLoad>.

That won't pass the validator and since I don't speak Javascript I am
looking for an alternative means of doing that.  The site I saw this
on:

<http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/navigation/auto_hide/index.htm>

says you may replace that with a window.onload in the script file, but
before I get in any deeper I am asking people who actually know what
they're doing. :-)

--
Bob Sullivan
Schenectady Digital History Archive