[Web4lib] wikis in libraries

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Mon Oct 23 14:48:41 EDT 2006

Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 6:11:18 AM, you wrote:

DB> So are wikis (apart from Wikipedia) ever going to grow beyond the
DB> toddler stage?  When can we finally start to discuss how to
DB> achieve efficient group communication?  Or will we for ever be
DB> held hostage by newcomers who are stumbling on their own feet?

It doesn't have anything to do with growing beyond toddler stage OR
tech snobbery.  It is basic human behavior in all environments. How
many members of this list ever post?  A small percentage.  The same is
true for students raising their hand in class, people who contribute
to a face to face meeting, and any other group environment.

Even if everyone who contributed to a meeting was given a beer, a
piece of chocolate, or something else, the majority still wouldn't do
so.

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA