[Web4lib] Market your library's book sale on the web

lucas at booksalescout.com lucas at booksalescout.com
Tue Oct 17 23:02:02 EDT 2006

Welcome to the next generation of web-based book sale directories- Book
Sale Scout (http://www.booksalescout.com).  We're reaching out to
libraries and friends of libraries to help us build the strongest web
database for book sales.  Listing on our site is free.  Please share feel
free to use this resource.  See our press release below.

Add a new sale:
http://www.booksalescout.com/newsale.php
How to market your sale info sheet:
http://www.booksalescout.com/how_to_market_book_sales.php

Best Regards,
Lucas R Ames
Owner, LRABooks/Book Sale Scout

***
LRABooks launches the much anticipated Book Sale Scout website into a
public, beta testing mode. The new, free, service will be the net's first
searchable book sale directory, featuring used book sales from libraries
and other non-profit organizations.

(PRWEB) August 28, 2006 -- Today, booksellers and book sale organizers
cheered the launching of the Internet's first searchable book sale
directory, Book Sale Scout (http://www.booksalescout.com). The new site
will offer a variety of features to improve access to book sales. Book
sales are quickly becoming strong fundraising events for public libraries,
friends of the library groups, and other nonprofit organizations. This
growth has been fostered by the rapid development of the online bookseller
community, whose members are constantly in need of inventory to place for
sale on sites like Amazon.com, Half.com, Biblio.com, and Alibris.com.

Some of the features include: instant book sale alerts, integration into
Google maps, customizable email reminders, user comments about each sale,
and a commitment to consistently updated features.

"We've worked hard to build a book sale directory which offers significant
value added for both book sale organizers and attendees. Moreover, we have
in place a strategic growth plan that will include improvements and
additions to our site. Our potential users deserve a professional looking
site that incorporates new technologies and ideas," stated Book Sale Scout
developer Lucas R. Ames, owner of parent company LRABooks.

Ames also mentioned that his team was committed to building the number of
book sales listed on the site. The company will continue reaching out to
book sale organizers and has even developed a script to scrub the web for
new information.

“Our goal is to have sale organizers submit their sale’s themselves. This
will provide us with the most accurate information. In our initial
database population, however, we’ve spent a lot of time collecting and
confirming data, mostly from sources we did not know even existed. It’s
been a tedious, but worthwhile process. We don’t want to offer the same
old sales that everyone knows about anyway. We want to dig deeper.”

The site’s services are all free of charge. Users pay nothing for the
myriad services offered and nonprofits can list their book sales for free
(although paid advertisement options are available).