[Web4lib] Call for Presenters for NERCOMP "Uncommon Commons" program June 5, 2007

Beatrice Pulliam bpulliam at postoffice.providence.edu
Tue Oct 17 10:08:52 EDT 2006

Apologies for crosspostings...

Is your commons environment...unique? unusual? "uncommon"?  If so, we want
to hear from you!

The Library and Information Technology Collaboration SIG of NERCOMP is
seeking presenters for its "Uncommon Commons" program scheduled for June 5,
2006 at the Sheraton in Norwood, MA.

We are interested in examples of creative use of existing space, staff,
and/or resources in the implementation of a "commons" environment.  Models
of smaller, informal, inexpensive common spaces in libraries and other
information service environments are welcomed.

For consideration, please send a descriptive paragraph (in 150 - 200 words)
of your "uncommon" or unusual commons implementation to Beatrice Pulliam
(bpulliam at providence.edu)or Lisa Wiecki (lwiecki at brandeis.edu) by Friday,
November 10, 2006.

For more information about NERCOMP, please visit: http://www.nercomp.org/

Beatrice R. Pulliam
Reference Librarian and Assistant Professor
Phillips Memorial Library
Providence College
549 River Avenue
Providence, RI  02918