[Web4lib] Another CMS question

Conal Tuohy Conal.Tuohy at vuw.ac.nz
Mon Oct 16 23:27:27 EDT 2006

Stacey L. Knight-Davis wrote:

> 1.  Is there a cheap CMS that will let us keep Access and ASP
> and run on
> Windows 2000?  It looked like Plone would run on Windows, but
> I couldn't
> determine what would have to be done with the ASP pages.

My advice would be, yes, use some kind of CMS for your HTML pages rather
than letting people edit the HTML directly if you want to retain some QC
over the markup (perhaps given the small scale a wiki might be adequate
as a CMS).

I would recomment too that you don't try to migrate your ASP pages off
IIS onto some other platform. At best this would be a lot of work for no
gain. Leave IIS there and run your CMS solution under IIS, or else run
some other webserver on a different port.

OpenWiki runs under IIS - http://openwiki.com/

Regards

Con
--