[Web4lib] Privacy Film for LCD monitor

James M. Gilbert gilbertj at cliu.org
Tue Oct 3 13:56:40 EDT 2006

Hi All,

In the near future we will be looking at transitioning to Flat-LCD monitors
(we currently have CRTs).

I've seen a number of products that advertise the ability to make a screen
"private" by preventing it from being viewed from angles other than directly
on.

While I see how the big clunky plastic "hoods" work; I am interested in
hearing about other's experiences with the films that advertise privacy.

Can patrons at adjacent machines see their neighbors? Which products work?
Which do not work? I've noted a wide array of films and prices.

Thank you,

James M. Gilbert
Systems Librarian
Whitehall Township Public Library