[Web4lib] Joomla users?

Lawrence Milliken MILLIKEL at neumann.edu
Thu Nov 30 10:11:25 EST 2006

Laurie,

On the Plone side there is certainly growing interest among libraries.
One good example is:

 http://www.plinkit.org (actually many examples of public libraries
working on Plone together in Oregon).

For an prototype of an academic library website you could look at:

 http://www.butterflysmack.com:9080/Plone/  this is a test site for me
and has not been optimised so it is slow to load the first page (and I
share this test server with other people so I  can't always guarantee it
will be running at all).

And since you are on the West Coast UW will be hosting a Plone in
libraries discussion in January.  More information can be found at:

http://plone.org/events/community/plone-at-uw-libraries-november-seattle-plone-gathering/

Good Luck!

Larry Milliken
Reference Librarian
Neumann College Library

>>> Chad Fennell <fenne035 at umn.edu> 11/29/06 6:02 PM >>>
Hi John,

Us too! We did several installations (ah, and a single code base to
boot) over the summer:

http://www.biomed.lib.umn.edu/
http://www.bis.lib.umn.edu/
http://www.vetmed.lib.umn.edu/

I've heard about your work as I'm always keeping an ear out for Library

Drupal installs....I noticed that Florida State University Libraries
has
also taken the plunge:

http://www.lib.fsu.edu/

Cheers,
Chad Fennell

John wrote:

> We have been using Drupal since September and so far so good.
> https://library.usask.ca/
>
> Laurie Isenberg wrote:
>
>> Hi.  We are considering using Joomla to rebuild our site.  Plone is
our
>> second choice.  I've heard a lot about Plone, but not much about
>> Joomla.  Are
>> there any Joomla users out there, satisfied or dissatisfied?  I'd
>> love to
>> hear from you.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Laurie Isenberg
>>

>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>> Laurie Isenberg
>>
>> Systems / Access Services Librarian
>>
>> California State University, East Bay
>>
>> 510.885.2973 voice / 510.885.4209 fax
>>
>> laurie.isenberg at csueastbay.edu

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
X-GWTYPE:USER
FN:Lawrence Milliken
TEL;WORK:610-558-5541
ORG:Neumann College;Library
EMAIL;WORK;PREF;NGW:MILLIKEL at neumann.edu
N:Milliken;Lawrence
TITLE:Reference Librarian
ADR;DOM;WORK;PARCEL;POSTAL:;;One Neumann Dr.;Aston;PA;19014
LABEL;DOM;WORK;PARCEL;POSTAL;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Lawrence Milliken=0A=
One Neumann Dr.=0A=
Aston, PA  19014
END:VCARD