[Web4lib] Blog farms

Karen Harker Karen.Harker at UTSouthwestern.edu
Wed Nov 29 17:35:02 EST 2006

You may do better with a discussion forum or bulletin board or even a
chat system.  Blogs, even with the comments function, are a bit clunky
for true discussions.

Karen R. Harker, MLS
UT Southwestern Medical Library
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX  75390-9049
214-648-8946
http://www.utsouthwestern.edu/library/

>>> "Leech, Robin" <robin.leech at okstate.edu> 11/29/2006 4:14:09 PM >>>

Greetings:

I'm intrigued by the recent posts about wiki farms.  I've been asked
help set up a blog for a project/grant that involves our library and
the
local public library.  I haven't found anything that will do exactly
what they'd like:  to provide for discussions on each chapter of
selected books.

Does anyone have experience/suggestions for a free blog we could join,
and have that much capability?

Many thanks.

Robin Leech
Head, Digital Initiatives