[Web4lib] online giving resources

Dawn Work MaKinne dawnework at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 28 12:53:56 EST 2006

I'm new to the list, and am hoping to get some information about online giving resources. Our library foundation would like to incorporate online giving into our website, and we don't have the programming expertise inhouse to design and build an onsite giving module. We are wondering if we should pay a local web design firm to design such a module for us, or if we should join one of the many online giving sites that caters to nonprofits. We are seeking advice from other libraries who may have gone through similar decision making processes. What options did you consider and how did you make your decision? What did you finally choose to do?

  Thanks in advance,

  Dawn Work-MaKinne
  Des Moines Public Library
Des Moines, Iowa