[Web4lib] Lack of discussion of Google CSE and Libraries

Meredith Farkas mgfarkas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 12:11:05 EST 2006

I'm not going to argue the merits of Google CSE, which seems pretty cool and
something I'd like to explore more in the future. I was more surprised to
hear that you think there are things that specific bloggers absolutely
SHOULD be writing about. Frankly, I think it's great that there are bloggers
in our field writing about a huge variety of different topics. A blogger
SHOULD write about exactly what they are interested in and passionate about
and not what other people think they SHOULD write about, especially since
people's best writing usually comes out when they are passionate about a
topic. And why exactly would we want every blogger to be writing about the
same stuff? Man, that would be boring.

Is this really SO incredibly different from Rollyo that we should be jumping
for joy over it? If so, how? I think it's cool, but not exactly
earth-shattering.

Meredith

On 11/9/06, Drew, Bill <drewwe at morrisville.edu> wrote:

> Perhaps they should be more focused on the library community and less on
> the tech community.

Meredith Gorran Farkas
http://meredith.wolfwater.com/wordpress/