R: [Web4lib] Lack of discussion of Google CSE and Libraries

Bonaria Biancu bonaria.biancu at unimib.it
Thu Nov 9 03:16:57 EST 2006

Hi folks,

I'm an italian librarian, and in the last months I've tried for my blog, 'The Geek librarian' <http://bonariabiancu.wordpress.com/>, social search engines Rollyo <http://www.rollyo.com/bonariabiancu/the_geek_librarian/> and Swiki <http://biblioteca-20-swicki.eurekster.com/>.

With Google CSE I've created the 'SO::LIB -- Social software for libraries' search engine <http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=014695034523506990592%3A14_nfyc-lwq>.

I think CSE is really easy to use - it's the 'Google style' :-) - and offers functionalities that others search engines don't have - for example Google marker and the 'Add to Google' button that I find very useful!

Anyway, I think all these can serve in libraries in lots of ways - first of all for reference services.

Best regards,

Bonaria

Bonaria Biancu
Biblioteca di Ateneo - Sede Centrale
Universita' di Milano Bicocca
Piazza Ateneo Nuovo, 1 - 20126 Milano (Italy)
Tel.: +39.02.64486236
E-mail: bonaria.biancu at unimib.it
Web: http://www.biblio.unimib.it
http://bonariabiancu.wordpress.com/