[Web4lib] Free software with Contribute-like features?

Ross Singer ross.singer at library.gatech.edu
Tue Nov 7 23:54:24 EST 2006

I think CMSes like Plone or Drupal are somewhat different than
Contribute (RDBMS based 'portal' site vs. WYSIWYG text editor,
basically).

While at Emory, I wrote a somewhat clumsy web based Contribute 'clone'
called WebTribute a couple of years ago:
http://webtribute.sourceforge.net/

I dropped development on it when I left Emory, but recently MPOW has
shown interest in it, so I plan on ramping it up again in soon (Ruby
on Rails makes a project like this /much/ easier and more
sustainable).

So, that's an option.
-Ross.