[Web4lib] Web Counters

Memo Cordova memocordova at boisestate.edu
Tue May 30 15:21:43 EDT 2006

I haven't used Analog, but have used StatCounter <http://www.statcounter.com/>  initially and Performancing Metrics <http://performancing.com/node/2632> later on, for two blogs.  Both are free and provide you with enough data to get site visitor info, where they're coming from, and such.  StatCounter charges for more extended info (it maxes out at 100 users).  So far, Performancing Metrics looks to be my keeper.

Memo

Memo Cordova
Reference Librarian/Assistant Professor
Albertsons Library
Boise State University
1910 University Drive
Boise, ID 83725
(208) 426-1270
memocordova at boisestate.edu
http://library.boisestate.edu/

>>> "Rachel Vidrine" <rbvidrine at waketech.edu> 05/30/06 12:34 PM >>>
I would appreciate some recommendations for Web counters.

I do not have access to the server on campus that hosts our site, so a
Web log analyzer like Analog would probably not be a good choice
(without getting our Computer Services department involved). We
currently have counters on our pages (provided by Computer Services),
but they provide nothing more than a number. I want a counter that is
invisible and provides information on link referrals, search terms,
etc.

Does anyone currently use a counter service that they have found to be
as useful as a service like Analog?

Thanks,

Rachel Vidrine, MLIS
Web Services Librarian