[Web4lib] Podcasting with Skype on Windows

Josh Kuperman josh.kuperman at gmail.com
Fri May 26 11:02:42 EDT 2006

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 10:58:43AM -0700, K.G. Schneider wrote:
> I'm interested in podcasting interviews created in Skype, but am still
> puzzling through how to do this. I found some old tutorials from December

I am pretty sure that this is the most common way to do it. I think
the Leo Laporte's TWIT podcasts often employ this method. I also
ofter hear it discussed in podcasts from Conversations Network's
(formerly IT Conversations) podcast academy sessions. I believe the
quick and dirty method is to establish your conference call (or
regular call) with Skype and then capture the machines audio with
Audacity ( or TotalRecorder or AudioHijack) or any other program
that will capture a machines audio. I also belive there are some who
just run their computer audio through a mixing board so they can
record to tape and digitize the tape, just in case the computer
should burp while digitizing.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh.kuperman at gmail.com

PS Total Recorder is the best way to make Overdrives digital books
useable on an iPod. You simply download and install TotalRecorder
and get the lame codec, set TotalRecorder up to capture your PC
audio out and digitize to an mp3. Then you play the book through
your machines audio and about 10 hours later you have a useable
audiobook.