[Web4lib] Netlibrary audiobooks (was RE: Overdrive)

Michael McEvoy mmcevoy at northvillelibrary.org
Tue May 23 16:28:27 EDT 2006

In many cases, NetLibrary subscribers are joining with the HOPE that
netLibrary gets the proper licensing for iPods soon...

The Govt can't force MS or Apple to use a competitors software just
because we demand them to. One or the other has to capitulate. I believe,
in terms of libraries, that if Overdrive adopting NetLibrary buffet style
offerings... NetLibrary would be wiped off the table almost immediately as
a valid Digital Audio Book source for Libraries.

But perhaps Overdrive just doesn't want that market