[Web4lib] Blog posts from SUNY Directors conference.

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Tue May 2 10:27:02 EDT 2006

For anyone that is interested, I have been writing posts on my blog
about the annual SUNY Council of Library Directors Conference that I
attended as president of the SUNY Librarians Association.  It was one of
the best conferences I have ever been able to attend.  Here is a list of
the panels and supporting presentations:

PANEL PRESENTATIONS ON THE SUNYCONNECT II FIVE-YEAR STRATEGIC DIRECTIONS

Panel 1, SUNY Library Systems: Shared Services and Infrastructure

**Mark Ludwig, Library Systems Manager, University at Buffalo
"Opportunities for Library Management Systems"
**Abigail Bordeaux, Electronic Resources Librarian, Binghamton
University "Metasearching: What, Why, How"
**Carey Hatch, Maureen Zajkowski - SUNY Office of Library and
Information Services "Shared Services and Infrastructure - Models to
Consider"

Panel 2, SUNY-Wide Collaborative Collections and Access Management
**John Haar, Associate University Librarian, Vanderbilt University
Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL)"The Path to
Collaboration in the Information Alliance"
**Mary Casserly, Assistant Director for Collections and User Services,
University at Albany "Update on the SUNY Collections and Access Council"
**Anne Kenney, Associate University Librarian for Instruction, Research,
and Information Services, Cornell University "Catalyst: Collaborative
Print Storage and Retrieval and Implications for Collection Development"

Panel 3, The SUNY-Wide Digital Library
**John Schumacher, Electronic Resources Coordinator, SUNY Office of
Library and Information Services "The Institutional Repository as Part
of the SUNY-wide Digital Library"
**Carole Ann Fabian, Director, Educational Technology Center, University
at Buffalo "UBDigit: Repository Infrastructure for Digital Collections
at UB"
**Mark Smith, Information Systems Librarian, New York State College of
Ceramics at Alfred University "Front and Center: Showcasing Student
Scholarship in SUNY DSpace"

The posts can be found via this link to my del.icio.us tag at:

http://del.icio.us/babyboomerlibrarian/SCLD

I am still writing posts about the conference and will be blogging onver
the next day or two on the Panel 3 topic "The SUNY-wide Digital
Library."

Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Associate Librarian, Systems and Reference
Morrisville State College Library
E-mail: mailto:drewwe at morrisville.edu
AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew4 <aim:goim?screenname=BillDrew4>
BillDrew.Net: http://billdrew.net
Wireless Libraries: http://wirelesslibraries.blogspot.com
Library: http://library.morrisville.edu/
SUNYConnect: http://www.sunyconnect.suny.edu/
My Blog: http://babyboomerlibrarian.blogspot.com/
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin