[Web4lib] estimates

Danielle Borasky borasky at mail.schsr.unc.edu
Wed Mar 8 08:37:12 EST 2006

Hello,

I'm looking for suggestions/advice for estimating, in advance, the
amount of time needed to complete a web project (new website, etc.).
This often comes up when applying for grants, and I am asked to estimate
the amount of staff effort needed for the web component. One problem is
that the project specifications are usually pretty vague at that point.
Also, I'm just not sure how to measure the amount of time spent on web
projects, it seems so variable. I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks!
Danielle

--

Danielle Borasky
Associate Director, Library and Information Services
danielle_borasky at unc.edu