[Web4lib] Category-centric blogs

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Thu Mar 2 10:17:49 EST 2006

> All I want to do is require a category on Blog posts and then have the
> entries categorized on the resultant web page. Blogger seems to be
> chronology-centric.

Fer sure, Wordpress will do this. There are a gadzillion Wordpress blogs,
but the LITA blog is a particularly nice iteration, and I know some of its
technomavens read Web4Lib: http://litablog.org

Not only that, but you can assign multiple categories, have child
categories, etc., etc., and if it works like Movable Type, Wordpress
categories also function as Technorati tags.

Both Wordpress and Movable Type have many plugins and tweaks and hacks to
extend their power, both for categories 'n other stuff.

Go forth and categorize! It's in our blood! It's your destiny!

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com