[Web4lib] Various site issues

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Wed Jul 26 16:45:48 EDT 2006

On 7/26/2006 4:27 PM, Amy Ostrom wrote:

> The other invalidities deal with hyperlinks into CONTENTdm that require
> ampersands.  Does anyone know if it is possible to write a database
> hyperlink that requires ampersands that does not render a Web page invalid?

You do this the same way you handle ampersands elsewhere in HTML.

Within HTML (including URLs in a web page (so, including URLs in
hyperlinks in a web page)), the ampersand character must usually be
encoded as "&" (or & or & if you prefer).

  Simple Search</a>.</p>

Browsers will understand that link as "search?type=quick&form=simple".

--
Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu