[Web4lib] Various site issues

Amy Ostrom amostrom at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 16:27:46 EDT 2006

Dear Tyson et al:

Thank you for taking a look!  Unfortunately the invalidities I am not sure
can be remedied.  We have a small Flash item (eep!) that has a <noscript>
alternative for users without JavaScript which contains an unbelievable
amount of nasty code.  I am sure a healthier solution to writing that Flash
media code exists though (I believe using an <object> element), I will look
into it.

The other invalidities deal with hyperlinks into CONTENTdm that require
ampersands.  Does anyone know if it is possible to write a database
hyperlink that requires ampersands that does not render a Web page invalid?

--

In peace,

Amy M Ostrom
Web Interface Designer