[Web4lib] Institutions using WAP/WML/SMS

John Fereira jaf30 at cornell.edu
Wed Jul 26 10:38:28 EDT 2006

Our library has an annual award (basically some money for business
travel) which is given to employees submitting a proposal on a topic
relevant to services or technologies our library provides (or proposes
to provide).  As I have worked here for almost 10 years and have never
submitted a proposal I thought I'd give it a shot this time.

The topic that I am considering is related to the use of mobile devices
for access to library services.  I was wondering what other institutions
may be doing in this area. If you are using SMS/WAP/WML as a means to
send and/or receive information from patrons I'd be interested in
hearing what you're doing.