[Web4lib] 800x600 Browser Resolution

Hankinson, Andrew HankiA at parl.gc.ca
Mon Jul 24 13:09:45 EDT 2006

To that, I'd also add that just because a user's screen is that wide it
doesn't mean that the content should be.  There are considerations for
line readability and white space.  If your site needs to be ~1000px wide
to fit all of your "really really important content" above the fold, I
would suggest a long, hard look at what content is really, really
important.

For further reading, I would suggest these sites:
http://www.maxdesign.com.au/presentation/em/
http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200509/line_length_and_readability
/

http://psychology.wichita.edu/surl/usabilitynews/2W/whitespace.htm