[Web4lib] FTP Software?

Bret Parker Bret.Parker at ci.stockton.ca.us
Mon Jul 24 11:50:56 EDT 2006

I have seen good features and have used FileZilla (free) as ftp server
software.

You should clarify whether you are looking for client-side software for
people to upload to a server or whether you also need the component that
resides on the server to make ftp possible for the client-side software
to 'talk to' the server. Often when you go looking there is a
preponderance of client-side stuff and less server-side stuff available.
The download sites don't always make it clear at a glance which they
are. But if they say nothing about whether they are server-side or
client-side they are most likely client-side software.

 - Bret

>>> "Website Committee" <webmaster at onlib.org> 7/24/2006 8:35:44 AM >>>
Hello!

My library is interested in freeware, shareware or other FTP programs.
We
need to fix an issue we are having with online collection development,
and
the vendor suggested FTP.

We're looking for something simple, easy to install, and easy to use.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been to versiontracker.com and
findapp.com, but we'd like to hear from real library folks using FTP
programs too.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

- Valarie

Website Committee
OCPL Central Library
447 S. Salina St.