[Web4lib] The Internet is a series of tubes

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Mon Jul 10 13:15:24 EDT 2006

I caught this July 1 post on Wired, by way of David Weinberger's JoHo the
Blog, and it's quite the reminder of the uphill battles we climb trying to
explain topics such as net neutrality when legislators think the Internet is
"a series of tubes." I blogged it, but thought the Web4Lib/PUBLIB crowds
shouldn't miss this.

http://blog.wired.com/27BStroke6/index.blog?entry_id=1512499

Also don't mix the techno remix:

http://www.boldheaded.com/podcast/steves_viral/DJ_teds_techno_tubes.mp3

I did a beatnik/bongo-drum version in text, but since I have no bongo drum,
haven't podcast it. See my comment:

http://blog.wired.com/27BStroke6/?entry_id=1512499&page=31

If you ever wondered if having an ALA Washington Office was a good
investment...maybe the single most important reason to join ALA... the
answer is clearly "yes."

Karen G. "And here I thought it was a basket of snakes" Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com