[Web4lib] Ipods listening 'posts'

Richard Wiggins richard.wiggins at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 05:50:32 EST 2006

It's an interesting idea, really inverting the whole notion of an
Ipod.  In this case, what would be the advantage of using the Ipod
over any other MP3 device?  If each of these stations is fixed,
wouldn't any MP3 player do?

How would you secure the player, whether Ipod or otherwise?

Is Itunes the right software for this purpose?  I'd want something
that makes it very easy to blast the desired MP3 files to each
destination player.  Would customers be able to choose from your
library of music on demand?

One of the products intended to let you distribute audio across a home
network might make sense as an alternative.

There was a news story a while back about people who develop their own
varsions of the audio narration that major museums offer.  You don't
like the audio walking tour provided by, say, the Louvre or the
British Museum?  Download your own to your Ipod.  Of course in that
case it's the customer's Ipod and she carries it with her.

/rich