Library Instructional Technologist Position - Adelphi, MD, USA
SMiller at umuc.edu
Mon Jan 30 13:20:41 EST 2006
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
ANNOUNCEMENT OF POSITION VACANCY
Instructional Technologist (I001443)
Office of Information and Library Services
CATEGORY: Exempt, Regular, Full-time, Grade 7
The Instructional Technologist will be responsible for designing and developing online resources, instructional modules, and training courses for Information and Library Services, the Center for Intellectual Property, and Career Services. Specific responsibilities include:
* Developing and maintaining Web-based resources that include innovative graphic and multimedia elements by working collaboratively with librarians and other staff
* Applying knowledge of the principles of instructional technology and design in the hands-on development of new Web-based materials designed to engage users and achieve learning objectives
* Reviewing existing resources and providing creative solutions to improve their functionality and appearance and to incorporate multimedia elements
* Collaborating with other units involved in multimedia development, course management software, and instructional design
* Performing other job-related duties as assigned
Requires a Master's degree in instructional technology or design, or a Master's in another subject plus experience in instructional design or Web development; two years of professional experience working with hands-on Web development and/or online course development, including teaching or support; demonstrated proficiency in HTML and the use of HTML editors (Dream Weaver preferred); ability to quickly and effectively proof and troubleshoot complex Web content; creative graphic design and layout ability for print and/or the Web; Proficiency with Windows and Windows-based applications; familiarity with basic UNIX commands, database design and use, and course management software; ability to establish and maintain effective team relationships, to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and to follow detailed verbal and written instructions and ensure that they are carried out effectively.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
To apply, submit a cover letter, résumé, salary history, and list of three professional references.
Email all materials to: hrjobs at umuc.edu
Include "Candidate Search - Instructional Technologist (I001443)" in the subject line of the email.
*Continuous Recruitment Until Filled*
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND UNIVERSITY COLLEGE ACTIVELY SUBSCRIBES TO A POLICY OF EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, AND WILL NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT BECAUSE OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, CREED, GENDER, MARITAL STATUS, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, POLITICAL AFFILIATION, MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DISABILITY, OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION. THE UNIVERSITY DISTRIBUTES AN ANNUAL INFORMATION REPORT WHICH INCLUDES CAMPUS SECURITY INFORMATION THAT IS AVAILABLE TO PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES. PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
More information about the Web4lib