[Web4lib] Re: Social spaces and Networking for College Students

Meredith Farkas mgfarkas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 14:55:42 EST 2006

That's terrific Bill!  I didn't say that students definitely don't want us
there, but that we should consider that possibility when deciding to develop
a presence in their online spaces.  I can imagine that students use Facebook
differently at different institutions and may have different attitudes
towards faculty and staff being on it.  Certainly student culture is not the
same at every school and student/faculty relations are not all the same.  I
think the way you did it, sticking your toe in the water first, is probably
the best way. I don't think the same approaches to communicate with students
and market our services work at every school -- they need to be tailored to
our specific student populations.

Meredith**

 <http://meredith.wolfwater.com/wordpress/>