[Web4lib] Wikipedia vs Britannica

Randy Souther southerr at usfca.edu
Thu Jan 5 12:41:18 EST 2006

FYI, cold fusion in 1989 was a media fiasco, but not a fraud. The
research is still controversial, but continues today with
publications in more than 50 peer-reviewed journals. But you would
never realize this by reading Britannica's one-paragraph article,
which is stuck in 1989; Wikipedia's gives a reasonable overview, and
is up-to-date.

Randy Souther
Reference Technology Librarian
Gleeson Library | Geschke Center