[Web4lib] FW: [Publib] Talk of the Nation

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Mon Feb 27 15:10:29 EST 2006

It's on now in California!

Karen G. Schneider

-----Original Message-----
From: publib-bounces at webjunction.org [mailto:publib-bounces at webjunction.org]
On Behalf Of Diedre Conkling
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 12:06 PM
To: crsn at beachbooks.org; PUBLIB
Subject: [Publib] Talk of the Nation

The Talk of the Nation program about libraries is today.  In fact, it will
be on in a few minutes, at least here in Oregon.  Tomorrow you can probably
hear it from the Talk of the Nation archive.

Here is the program description and it is a call in show:

Digital Culture:
 If a Library Is Bookless, What's In It?
The "Bookless Library." Is it a contradiction in terms, or a sign of the
times? Information technology changes as soon we think we understand it. And
libraries are struggling to keep up -- and redefine their role. A range of
approaches are meant to help design a library for the 21st century.

--
Diedre Conkling

  Lincoln County Library District
  P.O. Box 2027, Newport, OR  97365