[Web4lib] adobe acrobat and kiosk terminals

Robert Sullivan robert.g.sullivan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 13:38:35 EST 2006

> Has anyone seen this before? How do you deal with the adobe Internet
> search feature on kiosk terminals? Is there a reliable alternative to
> acrobat, that lacks these bells and whistles, that would be more
> appropriate for a kiosk terminal?

Set the DWORD value bHidden in these Registry keys to 1 to hide this:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat
Reader\7.0\AVGeneral\cToolbars\cWebSearchView\cPositions\cInternal

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat
Reader\7.0\AVGeneral\cToolbars\cWebSearchView\cPositions\cExternal

I never played much with the Adobe features before 7.0, but there are
a number of useful settings I have discovered both through reverse
engineering the changes and also research at:

<http://www.appdeploy.com/>

which is quite handy for people who are trying to configure software.

--
Bob Sullivan
Schenectady Digital History Archive