[Web4lib] "The end of the Internet", and the telecoms may bring it

Sloan, Bernie bernies at uillinois.edu
Tue Feb 7 16:18:59 EST 2006

See:

http://tinyurl.com/bmtav

Bernie Sloan

-----Original Message-----
From: web4lib-bounces at webjunction.org
[mailto:web4lib-bounces at webjunction.org] On Behalf Of Maurice York
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 2:22 PM
To: Web4Lib
Subject: [Web4lib] "The end of the Internet", and the telecoms may bring
it

After reading this article, I'm somewhat speechless. I don't even know
how
to summarize it efficiently. You just have to read it, I suppose.
There's
been so much talk that Google or some variant conglomeration (Googlezon
anyone?) would take over the world and control everything we do, and
here
the telecoms have been quietly conspiring to actually legislate that and
so
much more for themselves. And this is coming from The Nation, so I can't
just explode it as hyperbole or overblown myth....perhaps someone else
can
<*looks around hopefully*>?
*
'The End of the Internet?'*