[Web4lib] "The end of the Internet", and the telecoms may bring it

Maurice York maurice.york at emory.edu
Tue Feb 7 15:22:07 EST 2006

After reading this article, I'm somewhat speechless. I don't even know how
to summarize it efficiently. You just have to read it, I suppose. There's
been so much talk that Google or some variant conglomeration (Googlezon
anyone?) would take over the world and control everything we do, and here
the telecoms have been quietly conspiring to actually legislate that and so
much more for themselves. And this is coming from The Nation, so I can't
just explode it as hyperbole or overblown myth....perhaps someone else can
<*looks around hopefully*>?
*
'The End of the Internet?'*
http://www.thenation.com/doc/20060213/chester