[Web4lib] Website User Survey Samples

Jo Frudd Frudd.J at ocr.org.uk
Tue Feb 7 04:43:47 EST 2006

HI Nicole

Here's a survey we put on our site to gather requirements

http://www.ocr.org.uk/OCR/WebSite/docroot/surveys/internal_web_survey/internal_website_survey.htm

For our redesign.  We placed a feature on the website asking users to register their details if they were interested in helping us improve our products and services, we then sent the survey url to this group of site users and placed an ad on the home page asking users to fill the survey out with the incentive of £200 Amazon voucher.  We also ran the survey on our intranet.  We are in the process of collating all the data, but a few things you may find useful

Using an incentive gets your more data (and is good for PR)

Using software that lets a users know where they are in the process (i.e. you are on page X of X) manages their time and expectations better.

After the survey contact all those who filled it out and thank them and let them know what you will be doing with the data

Kind regards

Jo Frudd
Lead User Experience Designer

OCR