[Web4lib] Resources to announce/promote a website?

Havens,Andy havensa at oclc.org
Wed Dec 13 17:31:22 EST 2006

Since it's a tool for finding things, and people like to get found, let
those people do some of your promotions for you.

Consider a campaign of contacting some of the folks whose works rank
highly in the search results and sending them a mini-press-release kind
of thing, letting them know, "Hey. Here's a way that other people can
find your stuff." Hopefully, they'll then turn around and promote the
site, since it's in their interest to be found there. Saying, "Hey,
looky! Our stuff ranks well on this cool new search engine!" is a story
that marketing people like to tell.

- A

Andy Havens
OCLC: Manager, Brand and Creative Services
email: havensa at oclc.org
phone: 614.764.4326