[Web4lib] copyright and library home pages

Dawn Work MaKinne dawnework at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 7 15:38:07 EST 2006

Our library website team has found another library's home page that does everything we want ours to do.

  We don't want to copy any source code, scripting, text, colors, photographs, graphics, logos, etc.

  We do want to write our own code and create tables that mimic the structure and layout using our own logo, flash, colors, graphics and text, and place a drop down box in a similar place with our own cgi-scripting. The result may be a similar "look and feel" done with all of our own programming, text and design elements.

  Who knows enough about copyright to know how thin the ice is here?

  Dawn
  deworkmakinne at desmoineslibrary.com