[Web4lib] web hosting service

Mark Costa markrcosta at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 08:58:52 EDT 2006

I have used http://www.icdsoft.com and have had no problems. I also tried
http://godaddy.com, which allows you to do a month to month plan. GoDaddy
has greater allowances for traffic and storage, but I find that their
servers have a much longer response time than icdsoft.

Someone else mentioned that they have domains with ICDSoft. I cannot speak
for them, but I signed up as a reseller so I can get discounts for
subsequent registrations. I am not putting this plug in for commercial
purposes. If you are interested in getting the cheaper rate, I think I can
set it up at cost. Just contact me off list.

mark c

On 30 Aug 2006 17:00:14 -0000, talia679.31931317 at bloglines.com <
talia679.31931317 at bloglines.com> wrote:

> I read some absolutely horrible reviews about 1 & 1 - we considered them
> for
> our library site and decided against it!
>
> Just FYI.
>
> Thanks
> Nicole Engard
>
> http://web2learning.net
>
> [subscribed via bloglines - real email: nengard
> (at) gmail (dot) com]
>
> --- Amy M Ostrom <amostrom at gmail.com wrote:
> Dear
> Raumin (and Web4Libbers):
> >
> > I would suggest looking at http://www.1and1.com.
> They are a month by
> > month, but offer nice packages.  If I ever get to
> building a site not a
> > library's I would use them. ;-)  Packages start
> at 2.50 a month.
> >
> > --
> >
> > In peace,
> >
> > Amy M Ostrom
> > Web Interface
> Designer
> > amostrom at gmail.com
> > http://www.tc.umn.edu/~aostrom/
> >
> > "For
> dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way to the
> castle
> beyond the goblin city to take back the child that you have stolen. For my
> will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great. You have no power
> over me." -Labyrinth
> >

> > raumin dehghan wrote:
> > > Does anybody
> know of a good inexpensive web hosting service for an
> > > individual?
> >

> > > Thanks,
> > > Raumin Dehghan

Mark R. Costa, MLS
Librarian
U.S. Army War College
Library, Reference and Information Services
122 Forbes Avenue
Carlisle, Pennsylvania 17013-5220
717.245.4260 / 717.245.3323 (fax)

"What is possible is not independent of what we believe to be possible.  The
possibility of such developments in the practical world depends upon their
being grasped imaginatively by the people who make the practical world work"
-Neil MacCormick