[Web4lib] web hosting service

Roy Tennant Roy.Tennant at ucop.edu
Tue Aug 29 23:38:46 EDT 2006

I use 1and1.com as well. I rent a server from them and run all of the
following sites from it:

http://roytennant.com/
http://techessence.info/
http://freelargephotos.com/
http://omacl.org/

As far as I know, the only time those sites have been down in years was when
I made a mistake administering them. So it's been a very reliable service
and the speed of the server and the net connection is snappy enough that
although one site runs a perl script that greps through hundreds of files
every time someone loads the homepage, it's never seemed slow enough to
change it to do something more intelligent. ;-)

The one issue may be that what I got for $49/month a few years ago they now
charge twice as much for (but they have yet to raise my fee, and I'm sure
the new package is updated hardware). All in all, it's been a bargain for
what I needed, but your mileage may vary.
Roy