[Web4lib] outputting a pre formatted list from a database to a web page

Andrew Hankinson andrew.hankinson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 14:54:17 EDT 2006

Just a quick idea off the top of my head, but you could use <span> tags,
styled to display as block elements:

.title {
   clear: both; /* so that it doesn't fall in with a previous float */
   float: left; /* so that it goes hard left against its container item */
   display: block; /*so you can control width */
   width: xxx;
   text-align: left;
}

.number {
  display: block;
  width: xxx;
  text-align: center;
  float: left;  /* So that it floats against the proper column */
}

I haven't tried this, so no guarantees. There's also "display: table" and
other CSS oddities that might help you out - someone else on the list might
have another idea.

Andrew