[Web4lib] utility to see javascript, css associated with a web page?

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Mon Aug 21 09:21:03 EDT 2006

While I am not an avid user of IE I did find an IE Developers ToolBar and
can't remember if I got the resource from here or not so I'll post again if
someone else has already.

It will not help with JavaScript except to show where the tags are and disable
"Script".  There is an IE Developers ToolBar in Beta 2 Preview Update that
will let you view and validate WEB pages.
See:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e59c3964-672d-4511-bb3e-2d5e1db91038&displaylang=en

Windows XP or higher
IE 6 or higher

-- Explore and modify the document object model (DOM) of a Web page.
-- Locate and select specific elements on a Web page through a variety of
techniques.
-- Selectively disable Internet Explorer settings.
-- View HTML object class names, ID's, and details such as link paths, tab
index values, and access keys.
-- Outline tables, table cells, images, or selected tags.
-- Validate HTML, CSS, WAI, and RSS Web feed links.
-- Display image dimensions, file sizes, path information, and alternate (ALT)
text.
-- Immediately resize the browser window to a new resolution.
-- Selectively clear the browser cache and saved cookies. Choose from all
objects or those associated with a given domain.
-- Choose direct links to W3C specification references, the Internet Explorer
team weblog (blog), and other resources.
-- Display a fully featured design ruler to help accurately align and measure
objects on your pages.

You can view feedback on the tool at:

http://channel9.msdn.com/wiki/default.aspx/Channel9.InternetExplorerDevToolbar

Thomas

On Friday 18 August 2006 12:52, Eric Loehr wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Recently I came across something - - a reference to a web site,
> utility, or something - - I don't remember which - -, that would allow
> you to view not only the HTML source code on a web page, but also any
> css or javascript code that the page uses located in other files..
>
> I can't find anything in my bookmarks or email where I would have saved
> it, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't dreaming - - does anyone know of a way
> to view javascript or css associated with a web page?
>
> thanks - -
>

> Eric Loehr
> Library Systems Coordinator
> Smith College Libraries
> (413) 585-2969
> eloehr at smith.edu
>
> Smith College official correspondence

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett		Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III			P O Box 32026
University Library				Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

An important measure of effort in coding is the frequency with which you write
something that doesn't actually match your mental representation of the
problem, and have to backtrack on realizing that what you just typed won't
actually tell the language to do what you're thinking. -Eric Raymond

Library Systems Help Desk: http://linux.library.appstate.edu/help