[Web4lib] Firefox extension for Endnote or Refworks

spam1 at kuendig.net spam1 at kuendig.net
Sun Aug 20 13:53:57 EDT 2006

Folks,

A couple of week ago I searched a firefox extension to integrate with
Endnote.

As I couldn't find any I created my first extension. I have attached it to
this email.

Endnote v0.2:

Exports browser page to Endnote or compatible RIS citation management tool.
Collects URL, hostname, last modification time and title page and exports to
RIS file. That RIS file can be imported to Endnote, Refworks or similar
tool.

You can link in the operation system the RIS file with endnote and tell the
browser to open RIS files automatically with endnote. So only one click is
necessary to export the data.

The extension has been posted to addons.mozilla.org but it takes up to a
month to approve new extensions. Check back on there to get updates or ping
me on extension at kuendig.net

As this is my first extension and also my first java script experience it
could have failures. Please let me know if you find such and I try to
correct them. I have only tested this on FF 1.5 on Windows with Endnote 9.

Cheers

Marco